Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Intro

I am going to start my first blog entry with a small word that has fascinated me ever since I heard it: synapse. Synapse is the point where two neurons(nerve cells) meet. This microscopic junction is where one nerve cell talks to another, and this communication is essentially the physiological basis of every function of human body. What happens in this tiny space of about 20 nm controls an entire human being; from the movement of a hand to the generation of an idea. Someone with an imagination aptly described how the brain works by synapses: "It is as if the Milky Way entered upon some cosmic dance. Swiftly the brain becomes an enchanted loom where millions of flashing shuttles weave a dissolving pattern, always a meaningful pattern though never an abiding one; a shifting harmony of sub-patterns." Synapse is where an idea is born. This blog is a collection of my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment